Frequently Asked Personal Injury Questions

For over four decades, I have represented personal injury victims and their families throughout Monroeville and the surrounding area. If you or a loved one suffers from a serious injury, you can trust Melvin P. Gold, LLC Attorney at Law​ to provide the support you need.

Below are a few questions that I frequently receive during personal injury consultations. Please contact me with any additional questions or to discuss your personal injury case.

What Should I Do After A Motor Vehicle Accident?

You should take several key actions after an accident, including:

  1. Immediately after an accident, get yourself to a nearby safe location if possible.
  2. Gather the personal contact and insurance information of the other driver, or anyone else involved.
  3. Call the police to report the accident.
  4. Ask witnesses for their contact information and testimony.
  5. Take as many pictures of the accident and surrounding area as possible.
  6. Call a lawyer.
  7. Have your attorney call your insurer to report the motor vehicle collision, as well as the other driver’s insurer.

What Happens If The Responsible Driver Does Not Have Insurance?

In Pennsylvania, if you are hit by a driver without insurance, you may face a trickier case. If the driver does not have insurance or does not have enough insurance, most of your compensation will need to come from your insurer. You can sue the at-fault driver, but if they do not have the personal finances you need to recover, you will still be responsible for your recovery. During our initial consultation, I will study your claim and recommend the best course of action.

What Can I Do If A Dog Bites My Child?

Unfortunately, children face the greatest risk of being attacked and injured by a dangerous dog. If your child is bitten by an aggressive animal, you should take several actions to protect their health and your financial security.

  1. Write down the other party’s personal contact and insurance information
  2. Make sure the dog has had its vaccinations
  3. Take your child to the doctor
  4. Call a lawyer to discuss your options

How Do I Know If I Have A Premises Liability Claim?

To pursue a premises liability claim, you must be able to prove:

  1. The defendant owned, leased or lived on the property at the time of the accident
  2. The defendant was somehow negligent
  3. Their negligence contributed to your injury

How Long Do I Have To File A Claim?

In Pennsylvania, you typically have two years to file a claim from the date of the accident.

Other Questions? Contact Me For Straightforward Answers.

If you or a loved one has suffered from an injury, contact my office by emailing or calling 412-843-0943 to set up your initial consultation today.

mg home



Melvin P. Gold, LLC Attorney at Law 
2520 Mosside Boulevard
Monroeville, PA 15146
Phone: 412-843-0943
Fax: 412-374-8236
Map & Directions